Frequently Asked Questions
Selecting the right doggy daycare is an important decision for you and your family. You want to make sure you find the right fit for your dog and your family’s needs. Follow these tips to find the perfect place for your pup! Tour the day care center before leaving your dog there. We recommend visiting several centers in your area before making a final decision.
While you’re there, ask yourself:
- Is the play space clean, odor-free, comfortable, and safe?
- Pay attention to how the management and staff treat you, your dog, and the dogs in their care. Are they mature, knowledgeable, courteous, professional, and patient at all times?
- Note how the dogs respond to the staff – do they seem happy, relaxed, and excited?
- How do staff members greet and treat each dog?
- How do other dogs act during your visit – relaxed, happy, stressed, scared, or out of control?
- Does the facility seem well organized and equipped with essential tools and supplies?
- Are the dogs ever left alone together without a staff member present?
- Are the handlers engaged with the dogs in their care and actively working with them? Or are they sitting on the sidelines?
Once you have enrolled, we will need a copy of your dog’s vaccination records, which you can send to us via WhatsApp or bring with you on your scheduled first day. We also ask that your dog comes in on a regular leash and a quick-release collar. Not sure what a quick release collar is? No problem! We’ll be happy to show you on your first day. If your dog usually wears a harness while walking, you’re welcome to bring that as well. If your dog typically eats a midday meal, you can bring it in an airtight container clearly labeled with your dog’s first and last names.
As part of joining the Pawz family, our expert staff conducts a thorough behavior assessment. These assessments help ensure that your dog is placed with a playgroup they’re comfortable with so they can play safely every day they are with us.
This evaluation assesses your dog’s:
- Comfort and social skills with people
- Social skills and play-style with other dogs to help determine the playgroup and play schedule they can benefit from the most
- Ability to share resources like water and toys in social settings
- Level of comfort in social settings
This process gives us a chance to get to know you and your dog while your dog gets acquainted with their new favorite place away from home. Through the entire assessment, your dog’s comfort and safety is our top priority. Once your pup passes all the behavior assessment elements, you are welcome to sign up for any of our daycare services or a sleepover!
To schedule a Behavior Assessment for your dog, please reach out and contact our concierge who will gladly answer all your questions. Learn more about Meet & Greet at Pawz
Yes. We offer sleepovers to puppies and dogs enrolled in our daycare. Sleepovers at Pawz provide your dog a calm, relaxing sleepover in a place they can feel comfortable and loved. Because they’re in a familiar place, they can feel less stressed about being away from home (and so will you). A full day of daycare is complimentary with your sleepover stay.
Learn more about Sleepovers at Pawz
Yes. After a day of play, most dogs settle quietly to their cabin or chalet and sleep through the night. We provide 24/7 monitoring as we have a handler on evening shifts who will keep an eye on our guests throughout the night.
Learn more about Sleepovers at Pawz
Yes! We love to celebrate our friends’ special days. You can schedule space in our facility to celebrate important moments in your dog’s life. We can help plan and run your pup’s entire birthday event at Pawz. Just give us a call and we will gladly help plan your pup’s special day.
Contact us to schedule your dog’s party!